- RSS Channel Showcase 8303710
- RSS Channel Showcase 3818220
- RSS Channel Showcase 9922080
- RSS Channel Showcase 4334675
Articles on this Page
- 07/27/18--06:00: _Spotlight: Nation o...
- 07/27/18--07:17: _Photo diary: Tall J...
- 07/30/18--06:00: _All the Kids Are Pl...
- 07/30/18--06:24: _Yaasss, The Muckers...
- 07/31/18--06:00: _Billie Eilish Relea...
- 07/31/18--06:00: _Lauren Ruth Ward @ ...
- 07/31/18--11:55: _Aug 2: Animal Show,...
- 08/01/18--06:00: _Dances premiere “Wa...
- 08/01/18--06:00: _Letter from the edi...
- 08/02/18--04:48: _Song premiere: The ...
- 08/03/18--06:00: _Album Review: The G...
- 08/06/18--06:00: _Aug 18: Gnarcissist...
- 08/06/18--06:00: _Drunk on nostalgia ...
- 08/07/18--06:00: _Watch: Arthur Moon’...
- 08/07/18--06:00: _Mini Mansions @ Mer...
- 08/07/18--09:39: _Album Premiere: SIG...
- 08/08/18--06:00: _Death Heaven with D...
- 08/09/18--06:00: _Listen: Lunacre “Lo...
- 08/09/18--06:00: _Mixtape: Leo season
- 08/10/18--06:00: _Bass Drum of Death ...
- 07/27/18--06:00: Spotlight: Nation of Language
- 07/27/18--07:17: Photo diary: Tall Juan @ Our Wicked Lady
- 07/30/18--06:00: All the Kids Are Playing Drum Machines: CHBP 2018
- 07/30/18--06:24: Yaasss, The Muckers and Rose Cologne @ Baby’s All Right
- 07/31/18--06:00: Billie Eilish Releases Live Video for Vevo Lift
- 07/31/18--06:00: Lauren Ruth Ward @ Elsewhere Space
- 08/01/18--06:00: Dances premiere “Washed Up on the Shore” from new record
- 08/01/18--06:00: Letter from the editor: Some shit I’m into right now
- 08/02/18--04:48: Song premiere: The Big Wheel “Foolish”
- 08/03/18--06:00: Album Review: The Growlers ‘Casual Acquaintances’
- 08/06/18--06:00: Drunk on nostalgia with Snuff Redux
- 08/07/18--06:00: Watch: Arthur Moon’s queer pop video for “Wait A Minute”
- 08/07/18--06:00: Mini Mansions @ Mercury Lounge
- 08/07/18--09:39: Album Premiere: SIGNAL Self-Titled
- 08/09/18--06:00: Listen: Lunacre “Love Being Lost”
- 08/09/18--06:00: Mixtape: Leo season
- 08/10/18--06:00: Bass Drum of Death @ Baby’s All Right
Photos by Ryan Layne, see more here. The enigmatic Brooklyn trio Nation of Language is the sound of something more. Bringing a real sense of wonder to the stage, each show is electric, full of energy and poise. Sonically synth-driven, their music takes elements of krautrock, new wave and post-punk and mixes it with a heavy […]
Photos by Jessica Gurewitz.
Photos by Lauren Khalfayan, find more of her work here. The year is 2018 and grunge in Seattle is dead. In it’s place is an EDM/electric regime. The kids have traded in their flannels and guitars for computers and drum machines and I’m trying not to feel personally victimized. Growing up in Seattle, I was heavily influenced […]
Photos by Jessica Gurewitz. Yaasss The Muckers Rose Cologne
Trying to keep up with 16-year-old Billie Eilish is an impossible and surprisingly exhausting task. Surprising because the majority of musical talent follows a relatively consistent pattern – even when a musician attempts a new sound, it usually feels like an organic change. Billie Eilish doesn’t care about organic change, though. And that’s fine because […]
The death of real, head bobbing, ear-splitting, balls to the walls rock music has been talked about ad nauseam over the past 20 years or so, but it’s the death of the female rock musician that I see as the larger tragedy. If rock and roll finds its base in rebellion, female lead rock and […]
Poster by Nazar Khamis If you wanna see a killer line up of NYC bands (& one band from Boston: Julep) that play from the heart and hit you in the face with tunes that scream, “music is my shit and fuck you if you don’t like that,” then you have to go to this […]
Dances is back with their sophomore album Venus Figurine, out October 12, as well as a music video for the lead single “Washed Up On The Shore.” It’s hard to make failure refreshing, but in their new music video the trio proves you don’t have to be cool to be cool. Instead of being in […]
Photo by Tamim Alnuweiri. Being involved in the music and culture “scene” (I know, sorry) in New York is one of those situations where you become so consumed by the minutia of your and every other asses existence that you forget not everyone has completely given up an assembly of normal life to pursue, participate, […]
As Leeds-based trio The Big Wheel gear up to release their self-produced debut EP1, we’re premiering the first single, “Foolish.” The band consists of Ollie Deans, Joe Collinson, Tom Orrell, and together they create energetic indie rock with a slight twang and surprising twists. “Foolish” not only offers catchy melodies, but a relatable story, “I’ve been foolish for […]
The Growlers’ show off their unveiled soul on their first full-length release since the lo-fi synth reinvention of 2016’s City Club. This time relying on only themselves they self-produced and released the 10-track album full of demos and unfinished tracks from the City Club sessions. At first I’ll admit I was a bit uncertain of […]
Welcome to the second installment of 3rd Party—the newest monthly show featuring Brooklyn’s psychs, punks, grungers, hazers, and dazers. This time around they’ve gathered a line-up that’ll keep you satisfied for weeks. Featuring the grittiest of NYC punks Gnarcissists, Spanish romance rockers Chorizo, Florida’s Glove, and filthy Philly’s most glamours freaks Sixteen Jackies. Come through, trip out, and get […]
Photos and feature by Lauren Khalfayan, find more of her work here. Snuff Redux exists in a permanent haze of youth and nostalgia. I first saw the four-piece from Seattle at a house show in Bushwick that felt less like a underground secret and more like a dorm party gone rouge while the RA’s were away. As […]
Our generation is going through the most public sexual revolution since the 60’s and 70’s free love movement. It’s not just the push toward greater sexual exploration, but the general questioning and open mindedness of gender, and multi-generational conversation around feminism that promises a safer and hopefully (eventually) more accepting society. Music and sexuality have […]
Photos by Jessica Gurewitz.
Photo by Leia Jospe. This band needs to be ticketed for disturbing the peace. SIGNAL is a NYC-based group that’s going back to the basics of hardcore and reuniting all punk rockers. Their debut self-titled EP, exclusively premiering below, is thrashing with short and snappy drums that bang along to the bubbles popping from your boiling […]
Photos by Daggers For Eyes, find her on Instagram here. Uniform Drab Majesty Deafheaven
Lunacre’s blissfully numb new single “Love Being Lost” is here to ease the feeling of summer coming to a close. The London four-piece’s first single from their upcoming EP Pearl Tabloid effortlessly takes you through a ethereal mix of self-reflection, nostalgia and contentment with life’s insignificant moments. Lunacre added that “Love Being Lost” is centered […]
Dear Leo, as a solar and fire sign you are a passionate and extroverted being. You’re also theatrical, creative and very hospitable. If you’re not subject to patronization and condescension, people just sing your praises. The Lion also has superior inner strength and can get through any obstacles in their way. And like Coco Chanel who […]
Photos by Jessica Gurewitz.